- Texas A&M University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- Texas A&M University (M.B.A., Financial Management)
Scott compliments the practice areas of Tumey L.L.P. by bringing to the firm a diversified background spanning a wide range of professional roles, industry focus, and business life-cycle stages. His practice includes contractual compliance audits on patent licensing, trademark and brand licensing, and supplier pricing. His practice further includes audits of intellectual property portfolios as well as valuation of patents and other intellectual property. Scott also has experience with patent drafting and U.S. and foreign patent prosecution.
- Carried out plaintiff and defendant based litigation due diligence including Federal Trade Commission litigation
- Responsible for overseeing global operations for a contract audit practice having $2.5 billion in third-party transactional activity under review
- Conducted damage and licensing models for pre-suit analysis against numerous patent infringers
- Supported early-stage start-ups having business models built upon cloud-based architectures, multi-application platforms and consumer-facing communications and payment platforms
- Has handled numerous contractual audits for pricing and transactional compliance
- Drafted U.S. patent applications
- Prosecuted U.S. and foreign patent applications
Scott’s expertise includes technologies such as oilfield equipment, downhole tools, drilling processes, computer and network systems, electronics, information and communication systems, software systems, business method systems, military equipment including missile systems, cloud-based architecture, and multi-application platforms.